As we begin to plan for in person programming we are working greatly to ensure the safety of our families, staff and volunteers. The following steps are being taken to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19:
– Almost all of our programming takes place outside which provides plenty of space to spread out! Outdoor programming significantly lessens the likelihood of disease transmission.
2. Small groups
– Reduced group sizes minimize the amount of people coming into contact with one another. Depending on staffing, we will be limiting the number of families per event.
3. Personal Protective Equipment, Social Distancing and Sanitization
– During in person programming, all staff, volunteers and participants will be required to practice social distancing by maintaining at least 6 feet apart. If this is not possible everyone will be required to wear a mask.
– There will be hand sanitizer available for use, however we recommend bringing your own personal items such as sanitizer and gloves if you see fit.
– Staff, volunteers and participants will be advised to avoid physical contact.
– There will be increased sanitization of any shared materials and frequent hand washing/sanitizing
4. Sick policy and Screening
– Anyone experiencing symptoms or in contact with someone experiencing symptoms will not be permitted to attend programming for the safety of other participants, staff and volunteers.
– Staff and volunteers will confirm prior to each event that they are free of viral symptoms
– We will also be requiring a parent questionnaire certifying that no one in the household is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 nor has anyone in the household been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to programming.
5. Monitoring of local, state and national guidelines regarding COVID-19 protocols will continue.
6. If attending an overnight trip requiring plane travel or sustained close proximity to other participants, all participants, staff and volunteers will be required to have a negative COVID-19 test within 3 days of trip departure, as well as any further requirements of the trip destination.
We are very excited to start getting back into nature together! Thank you for helping keep our community safe!
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Jordan@familiesinnature.org.