NEXT TRAINING – FEB 4 and FEB 5th email email@example.com to register
The Gear Library works just like a book library. We loan or rent camping and environmental education gear to youth and family programs who share our mission to connect children and families to nature. The FIN Gear Library has the capacity to serve at least 100 campers at a time with high quality equipment. Whether you are taking your group of youth or families on a camping trip or out on a backpacking adventure we’ve got you covered. Our gear library has everything you need for a successful trip, thanks to generous support from Outdoor Empowerment Network, our partners and individual donors.
El Almancen de la Aventura
Our goal is to bring at least 500 under-served youth and their families outdoors per year to connect with nature and with each other. The Gear Library provides guide training, mentoring and logistical support for under-served schools planning camping trips and field trips. These same groups can borrow gear from The Gear Library at no cost with a pre-approved application. We also train guides and rent gear at a nominal fee to groups that can afford to rent gear from the library. Hablamos Español
Persons using equipment for the purpose of leading youth groups on camping trips must have completed one of the following:
- The Guide Leadership Training (GLT) and Gear Orientation (GO)
- The Frontcountry Leadership Training (FLT) and Gear Orientation (GO)
- The Hiking Gear Training and Gear Orientation (GO)
Gear pick-ups and drop-offs are by appointment only. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment during the following available days/times.
Below you will find what you need to get you started. A completed rental agreement must be turned in to pick-up your gear.
Basic list of the type of equipment that is available.
- 2 to 6-person tents (REI, Big Agnes, Eureka)
- ground tarps for placing underneath tents
- Ridgerest Solar Sleeping pads
- Klymit Static V Self- Inflating sleeping pads
- Lightspeed Outdoors Self-Inflating sleeping pads
- Coleman 2-burner cooking stoves
- single burner backcountry stoves
- GSI sets of kitchen gear (pots, pans, cutting boards, knives, serving utensils, and more)
- REI collapsible shelters
- YETI cooler
- Osprey hiking and backpacking packs (youth and adult)
- Crazy Creek chairs
- KEEN water shoes